Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Next TIme

Drawing up my usual countdown calendar as I always do (Seriously, don't ask. It's just something the anal-retentive part of me does. I don't for the life of me know why I do it. It always mysteriously disappears after awhile anyway. Huh.), I've come to the sickening realisation that we have only 19 days left together.

Take away the 2 bloody exam days. That's 17.

Take away 2 days for finalising my English presentation (on racial discrimination) and extended essay (on Ancient Egyptian art), that makes it 15.

Take away 2 days from that for packing before I head on back to sunny tropical Singapore (As opposed to wierd weather London of course) (Oh yes, and that's right! I'M COMIN' HOME!!! Haha! Woo-hoo!!!), so that leaves me with 13 days.

Let's deduct 5 days for him to spend entirely with his friends and spend zilch time with me. That's 8 days left.

Oh wait! Let's not forget I promised my gal pals one last girl's night out. Let's just count that as 1 day.

7 days.

1 week.

THAT'S IT?!

I think I can count this as love. I've never felt calmer nor clammier when I'm around him. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions, albeit one that's mature and very adult in nature. (Oh come on! Don't think dirty!) I can truthfully say that this is the one and only time I've fallen in love, and it's been awesome.

Here's a song I think is fitting. (not very fitting, cos of some words in the song, but I still feel this song is beautiful.)

They say I'll love again some day
A truer love will come my way
The next time
But after you there'll never be
A next time, for me
They say that I'll find happiness
In someone else's warm caress
The next time
I'll soon forget your kiss
And heartaches such as this
Will just be ancient history
They say that I'm a fool to weep
That I won't go on losing sleep
The next time
That someone else will mend the heart
You've broken in two
But how can I fall in love
The next time
When I'm still so very much
In love with you
They say that I'm a fool to weep
That I won't go on losing sleep
The next time
That someone else will mend the heart
You've broken in two
But how can I fall in love
The next time
When I'm still so very much
In love with you
When I'm still so very much
In love with you
-Cliff Richard-
The past few days have been spent lounging around, watching lousy quality Friends on Youtube, even though the bloody internet in the residence blocks is haywire. Enough! I have to study!
With the things you've been saying to me, you're making me wonder again.
Thump! Back to earth, and back to my Economics notes for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home