Wednesday, April 19, 2006

photos... and regrets...

Been pretty busy. Just moved into my new room yesterday. I'll put up pictures as soon as I get down to it. I'm just plain lazy.

I'm changing my booking to self-catering, so I have a kitchenette in my room, so I can cook for myself. U know me, yeah? Microwave every damn thing, that's the easiest. Haha! I am that lazy.

Anyways, wanna put up some photos. Some from lunch and dinner with my family some time during last week and some of the bbq party before I left for London last Friday, in order of occurence. Sorry Happy Club, for procrastinating till now. Still, better late than never, right? Haha!
First, lunch.
Mom scanning through the menu at the Chinese restaurant at Hotel Asia (next to The Sheraton). Highly recommended! Food's splendid!
Sweet potato soup for dessert! Mm-mm!
Mom's dessert, beancurd skin in sweet soup. At least according to the menu. Haha!
Now dinner.
Uncle Francis.
I look good. Will kill those who differ. Haha! Joking only.
Ok, now, FINALLY, the bbq pictures.
The birthday boy! Happy 19th, Teck Teng! (Wind was strong.)
Cherri and moi!
Freesia, me and Zhiyi!
We girls look good.
The guys. Sorry, the photo's damn blur.
Group photo! Beautiful! Thanks to Pei Mun's steady hands!
Ok, that's all the photos! Hope y'all like it!
Anyways, on to other stuff. Not all stuff in this world is happy, so here comes something that got me really down the past day. I got back my results! (Cue thunder crash and lightning strikes.) I'm real happy about my Math and English results. I got 93% for Math (which I think I mentioned before.) and 77% for English, which I consider pretty good, since the paper was very tough. Like GP standard. Really. Anyway, the thing that made my heart skip two, no, three beats was my Business Studies mark. 68%. Everything literally came to a standstill. I was shocked. What, some of u may be thinking, is this crazed girl making such a huge fuss about? Well, I'll tell u. This may be the discerning grade that gets me into a good university or a lousy university. I'm so worried. My mom is so very understanding about it all, I feel bloody guilty. I vow to study very hard this term. No more letting down my loved ones. All the guilt I feel in this world won't assuage the fact that I disappointed my family and friends. So please encourage me continuously ok, people?
Apart from all that, I'm missing home. My family, friends. Everything. Sigh. Sometimes I feel, why the fucking hell did I wanna come to this godforsaken place?! Man, that was a serious lapse of judgement. Well, I've made my bed, and now, I'm gonna have to sleep in it. But it sure is an uncomfortable bed.
This is no time for regrets. Work hard. No more fun time. This time it's serious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home