Wednesday, March 29, 2006

purchasing power...

I'm so tired! I went shopping with Hye Jung and Liwen today. Bought nice stuff! Haha! I LOVE SHOPPING!!! Wahahahaha! We took the bus to Central London. Got off at Tottenham Court Road. I love the name of that road. I'm sorry, lame as it seems, I do have a reason. It was mentioned in one of my favourite movies, My Fair Lady, starring the legendary Audrey Hepburn. Ok, fine. Oh, and we passed Drury Lane! Haha! Where the gingerbread man lives! Hahahaha! You don't get it? Sigh. You people have no childhood. A hint, it's a nursery rhyme. Sigh. Some people.

Anyways, we hit the shops immediately the moment we got off that smelly bus. (The red double deckers no longer have the same effect on me when I first arrived here in jolly ol' London.) First stop: Dorothy Perkins! Big sale, man! 70% off! We went nuts in that store. Haha.

We headed to Starbucks after that for a perk-me-up. My first Caramel Macchiato in a very long time! Heaven!

Hye Jung. She's camera shy.
Liwen and I. (I look ugly today.)
Hye Jung and I.
The remains of our meal. (I was bored, ok?!)

Then we slowly made our way up towards Oxford Street. Along the way, we stopped at The Body Shop and then a tea shop. According to Hye Jung, the tea they sell is quite famous. So I bought a couple bags of tea leafs. They smell nice. Haha. Then we went to Topshop. (Duh. A visit to Central London is NEVER complete without a stop at Topshop.) I bought a black halter top! Yay!

Weather today was horrendous. I thought it was gonna be nice and sunny and calm all day long, with an occasional breeze. I thought wrong. It was sunny and warm at first, but then an absolute gale started and it started raining when we got to Starbucks. And smart little me wore a skirt. Skirts and strong, blowing wind are not good bedfellows. Remember that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home