Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day... and more...

Something got me down today, but I'm not gonna brood on it; it's not that worth my time. A big thank u to Haiqal for cheering me up. Thanks for the song too. It was nice. :)

I slept late last night, or rather morning. Only managed to fall asleep at 6.30am. Sigh. My body clock is all messed up.

I went with Liwen to the May Fair at the Old Royal Naval College today. We missed the Maypole dancing, but we did manage to see some other really cool things, like the Green Man stiltwalker.

Here are some pics I took.

The Cutty Sark. Again. This was actually taken last Friday outside Marks and Spencer when I was waiting for the twins to finish with their shopping.
This was a puppet show put on for the children at the May Fair. A real, honest-to-God, traditional puppet show! Like Punch and Judy!
The miniature donkeys in their pen.
The little kids riding the donkeys. So cute!
The Green Man! That's my friend Liwen, from China.
Me! He sprinkles dried flowers onto people's heads, like to bless them. It's a tradition for May Day.
The kids sitting around the grounds. Some of them were dressed up in traditional May Day costumes, with a flower wreath around their heads for the little girls.
It got a little boring at the fair, so we left and went to Greenwich Park. On our way there, we passed by the National Maritime Museum.
They put a plane in front of the museum. Sound effects was spouting out of manholes. (They installed speakers inside the drains. Weird.)

The National Maritime Museum.
Next are pictures of Greenwich Park. It was my first visit to it. Nature lovers, prepare to be awed. (Maybe not by my photos. Remember, I have a lousy camera.) The park is wonderful. Totally not like Singapore parks. It's rolling green dunes here, with lots of people playing and sitting on the grass. Really beautiful.
The Royal Observatory is up on the hill.
Evidence that Spring is here! The cherry blossoms are absolutely gorgeous.
The picture speaks for itself. Cute little buggers.
The park is huge. This slope is a popular site for kids to roll down and risk breaking their necks.
After that, we went to the Greenwich Market on our way back to residence. I bought an antique cigarette box for 2 pounds. I just love stuff like this.
Nice, huh!
Well, that's it for today. I'm sleepy already. School's back. Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-holiday and anti-school. But recently, school is all that I've been living for lately. I just don't feel like doing anything else. I'm glad if there's schoolwork to occupy my mind.
And I just don't like to help my friends anymore. Sometimes I feel that I'm always obliged to help them. But guess what? The truth is, I'm sick and tired of helping and being the nice person. I get taken advantage of. I mean, like my IT work. I'm not that computer-savvy myself, but I do the work all by MYSELF! Any problems I have, I ask the teachers. That's what they're for.
But, NO. My lazy-ass friends don't do the work themselves! Always asking me! I have no problem with helping out with one or two questions, but seriously, they keep asking me. I had problems doing the work myself! No one helped explain anything to me! I had to find the damn functions and buttons all by my fucking self! WHO HELPED ME?! NO ONE! N-O, NO!
Ah, don't mind my ranting. I'm incoherent. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home