Saturday, May 06, 2006

The weather today was heavenly! Michelle and Melissa were sunbathing (haha!) in Greenwich Park and called me. (Yu Yi and Yu Ting joined us later.) (I was actually having my dinner and I had to gobble down my food.) The sun here is so mild. Back home, just a couple hours under the sun and I'm nicely tanned. But here, nothing!

The twins! Hey guys, u're up on my blog! :)


The Big Unknown.

Been watching One Tree Hill on Youtube. I'm addicted to the show now. It's ur typical teen soap opera, with the usual perfect looking, gorgeous, hot actors and actresses. This song, Halo, sung by one of the characters, Haley James Scott , actress Bethany Joy Lenz. It's a great song! Sounds very Kelly Clarkson though.

Here are the lyrics. I think they're very good. Enjoy! :)

I never promised you a ray of light
I never promised there'd be sunshine everyday
I'll give you everything I have
The good, the bad
Why do you put me on a pedestal?
I'm so up high that I can't see the ground below
So help me down, you've got it wrong
I don't belong there
One thing is clear
I wear a halo
I wear a halo when you look at me
But standing from here
You wouldn't say so
You wouldn't say so if you were me
And I, I just wanna love you
Oh, oh I, I just wanna love you
I always said that I would make mistakes
I'm only human and that's my saving grace
I fall as hard as I try
So don't be blinded
See me as I really am
I have flaws and sometimes I even sin
So pull me from that pedestal
I don't belong there
One thing is clear
I wear a halo
I wear a halo when you look at me
But standing from here you wouldn't say so
You wouldn't say so if you were me
And I, I just wanna love you
Oh, I, I just wanna love you
Like to think that you know me
But in your eyes
I am something above you
It's only in your mind
Only in your mind
I wear, I wear, I wear, I wear a halo
One thing is clear
I wear a halo
I wear a halo when you look at me
But standing from here you wouldn't say so
you wouldn't say so if you were me
I just wanna love you
I just wanna love you
(I just wanna love you)
-Bethany Joy Lenz (or Haley James Scott)-
I'm watching another episode of One Tree Hill now. It's about a shooting in the high school. The unpopular kid, sick and tired of being pushed around and looked down upon, finally snapped and unleashed his wrath on the people who broke him. Haiqal, if u're reading this, I totally agree with u. Guns are dangerous objects. But that's not all that's dangerous. There are lots of kids nowadays, invisible, transparent. They're victims of a terrible thing.
Lucas Scott's literary quote at the end of that episode is touching and emotional and it rings true.
"Does this darkness have a name? This cruelty, this hatred? How did it find us? Did it steal into our lives, or did we seek it out and embrace it? What happened to us, that we now send our children into the world like we send young men to war, hoping for their safe return, but knowing that some will be lost along the way? When did we lose our way, consumed by the shadow-swallowed hole, by the darkness? Does this darkness have a name? Is it your name?"
Watching this episode, I've come to realise how shallow I am or can be. Wanting to be popular, to be the prettiest girl in class. Wanting to hang out with the "cool" kids so I'd look cool too. Wanting to do things I don't even like, just so people wouldn't think that I'm weird. Is that even the closest thing to important?
I've been snubbed before. I was unseen and unheard. A nobody. Not even just a face without a name. I think now of the people I've snubbed. How did they feel? Now that I'm out of that craphole I was once in, I tend to forget how it felt back then. Sure, things are better now, but I've become a whole different person. A worse person. And I feel lousy about that. I've become like those people who've hurt before. Well, I wouldn't say I'm totally like them, cos they're like the worst, but the point is, I don't like who I've grown to be. It's like I'm fake, that I have to follow a sorta code, just a piece of the puzzle, to "fit in" to the jigsaw puzzle of a world we live in. That sucks.
Think about the people u've hurt before in ur life. Think about the person u've become, or want to become. Do u really wanna be that person?
Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home