Friday, June 16, 2006

Second Place?

I'm feeling down and low and my heart's in an indescribable tangle right now.

I went with my classmate to watch The Da Vinci Code at the cinema today. Man, this is the first time I've gone to the movies and there're only 4 other people there other than me. The theatre was almost completely empty! Geez!

The movie isn't as good as the book. I suppose u can't put the entire book into 3 hours, but still all the nice parts just weren't there. I mean, the important parts are in the movie. Obviously, it was Hollywood-ised to death. All-star cast. Tom Hanks, Audrey Tatou, Alfred Molina, Ian McKellen, Paul Bettany. Audrey Tatou, who plays Sophie Neveu, is so beautiful. This was a good casting. Paul Bettany plays the albino monk, Silas, but seriously, he looks too good for people to believe that he's a crazed, overzealous Opus Dei killer. Too handsome. And Ian McKellen as Sir Leigh Teabing? One word: WRONG. Just wrong! He was great as Gandalf in Lord of The Rings, and probably would be perfect as Dumbledore in Harry Potter, but here? There just wasn't any real good vibe to be felt.



I feel like breaking down and sobbing my heart out. He's gone back to his home for a week. Gone! Without a damn word! Hmph. It's not so much the fact that he left. It's the way he left. And it fucking hurts like hell.

Am I second place in your heart after all?

We'll just wait till next Saturday, then. Can't wait for your return.

God, I'm a pathetic mess.

1 Comments:

Blogger cheryl said...

haha... thanks for leaving a comment... on a sidenote, Ian McKellen played Gandalf in the LOTR trilogy but not Dumbledore... he was played by some other random actor... :)

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home